Forums » General discussion

Lesbian Psych Student Seeking Lesbian Participants for Study

• 1 posts
    June 28, 2020 5:44 PM BST

Hi everyone!

I am a student in the Clinical Psychology department at The New School for Social Research. I’m currently serving as a research assistant for Center for Attachment Research and Psychotherapy Research lab. As part of my Research Methods course, I created a study on the effects of reflective functioning and self perception/body esteem on developed coping mechanisms. As someone who identifies with lesbian community, I chose to do this specifically based on individuals who also identify because there is very little research done in our community that focuses specifically on body esteem and reflective functioning and their correlation with coping mechanisms. The results could be of great use in strengthening advocacy for homosexual women who have faced adversities by being a sexual minority, as well as identifying as female/female-bodied individuals.

We are looking women between the ages of 18 and 24 who identify as a queer femme, bisexual, questioning, and lesbian. The entire questionnaire and interview will take about 30-40 min, and for each participant, money will be donated to The Trevor Project.

Hoping this isn't coming across as self-promotion in a group based on community, thought it may be of interest to some! If you would like to participate, please email me by 3:00pm on June 29th at mrgrtchyn@gmail.com. I can then send over a consent form, and provide more information about the two parts of the study.

Happy Pride! Hope everyone is well & safe.

-Margaret