Forums » Coming Out Stories

A year ago

• 2 posts
    October 11, 2018 1:49 AM BST

I finally came out a year ago.It was after a divorce from my ex huband.After the divorce,knew I had attractions to women for a long time and knew there were changes in this step.I was 39 at the time and had to make the choice which I did my research.Finally,I made my choice and it was a choice I never looked back ever since.First person I came out to was my mom,we have always been close.Called her and said I am coming over to talk to her about something.Came over,we hugged and asked me what is it.Finally sat down at the kitchen table and told her I am a lesbian.Said she loves me still and wants to see me happy.My two brothers were next,they came over and knew something was up.Told them I came out to mom and said I am a lesbian.It was a little hard for them to accept this at first.Same with my dad and we worked things out.A mom of 2 sons,they were 14 and 16 at the time.They accepted this and seen I am finally happy.Now,have a great life with my girlfriend Dana which will be a year next month I met her

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)