Forums » Dating

The perfect date. What would yours be and why?

• 2 posts
    June 30, 2015 9:00 PM BST

My perfect date is simple, I don't care what we do or where we go, as long as I'm with her, we are happy, comfort and enjoying time together, it'll be enough.

• 7 posts
    October 2, 2015 1:28 PM BST
    I have learned to let the woman pick the place. I took my EX to a historical graveyard for our first date. She ended up working later then usual so we had to take flashlights. It was great seeing the graves of the fathers of confederation. Well.... Until she tripped and landed in a sunken grave. I took her out for a beer after that. We lasted 13 years and she said that she never had a full moment the whole time.

I am trying to date now but have found ladies want a relationship right off. I plan on being with someone who wants to date forever.
    • 7 posts
    December 1, 2015 1:13 PM GMT

The beach. A swim, then dinner.

Or takeaway in a park. 

The drive-in cinemas.

I want to go on a date now. Damn.

• 2 posts
    March 17, 2016 11:28 PM GMT
    Perfect date hmmmm I cook, she eats. She cleans. She drives. I watch. We go somewhere new. Pop a bottle champers. Eat strawberries. I read she listens. She reads I listen. Cuddle cuddle snog snog. Watch the stars fall across the skies. Live happy in the moment. Simple yet perfect
    • 9 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:47 AM GMT

I have a list: "In case of date, break glass." Don't actually break it please because that phone is my life. The list is actually just places and things I have yet to do and want to do. Whether I do them on my own or share the experience on a date isn't really important, but it's a good starting point to scope common interests.

I think you'd have to take into consideration both people involved in the date. I've had amazing first dates that involved getting sweaty, rough and just playing football/soccer one-on-one. I've also had great chill dates with other girls going hiking and out for tea. I like to keep it unique and involve both of our safer-feeling environments because not every scenario would work on any girl. 

For example, I love driving. It calms me and opens me up immensely so I once took a girl to Niagara Falls on a mini road trip at night. The water is lit up and gorgeous - also she'd apparently never been. This was after she'd taken me to a meeting for a group/club that does something she's really passionate about and I got to watch her light up about that. It was almost perfect - forgot chemistry as a factor there.

On another note, there's one thing I didn't see mentioned in this entire thread and I think it'd be amazing: volunteering together. I'd love to take a girl to the animal shelter or anywhere really and give back to the community while getting to know what she's like day-to-day and not just see the practised behaviours she and I have playing out over a prim and proper candlelit dinner.

*shrugs* TLDR version - depends on the girl; would love to try volunteering together.

• April 10, 2016 8:38 AM BST
    I guess, every date is perfect if its with the right person. That's why for me it doesn't matter, which place or time, the most important with whom. As long as this person makes me feel save and comfortable, this date will be perfect in its own way.
    • 28 posts
    April 11, 2016 8:40 PM BST

[blockquote]AdisappointedTraveler said: I guess, every date is perfect if its with the right person. That's why for me it doesn't matter, which place or time, the most important with whom. As long as this person makes me feel save and comfortable, this date will be perfect in its own way.[/blockquote]

I agree 110%.

It can be something so simple like going out for a coffee or whatever, if I really like the person and we have chemistry.. it's a  perfect date.

• 2 posts
    April 16, 2016 5:07 AM BST
    [blockquote]AdisappointedTraveler said:
    I guess, every date is perfect if its with the right person. That's why for me it doesn't matter, which place or time, the most important with whom. As long as this person makes me feel save and comfortable, this date will be perfect in its own way.[/blockquote]

Totally agree!!!
    • 8 posts
    May 19, 2016 1:32 AM BST
    A light lunch somewhere quiet, like the morikami, Starbucks, ext
    • 8 posts
    May 19, 2016 1:36 AM BST
    I agree with traveller
    • 13 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:52 PM GMT

Even though this thread is really old, I'll chime in.

A perfect date for me is when I'm with the person I like, it can be anywhere, under the stars, movies, a cafe, dinner. Whatever. 

It's those sneaky moments that happen in between talking that we end up remembering. :) 

• September 19, 2017 8:33 PM BST

yez gaud with this cutey name alison in a suite havin wine and staek yummy!!

• September 19, 2017 8:34 PM BST

Hi sweeties out here -be so nice to meet a sweety from another country go dancing then have nice dinner yummy!!

• September 19, 2017 8:35 PM BST

I luve 2 be with a true lesbian no men or dogs- just wanna have fun 4 ever sweet

• September 19, 2017 8:36 PM BST

Any cute lesbian thin to athletic long hair single get at me babe

• 1 posts
    September 25, 2017 5:42 PM BST
    A nice dinner and a romantic movie would be great.
    • 12 posts
    October 18, 2017 8:27 PM BST
    There’s no perfect date! Lol there’s a ‘perfect’ girl that you have chemistry with and you have butterflies in your stomach whenever you’re with her and boom! Whererver you take her that night, whatever you do with her IS a perfect date!
    • 6 posts
    May 6, 2018 1:13 AM BST

The perfect first date to me is going somewhere initially where we can have good conversation in an intimate setting; like an eclectic cafe or cozy restaurant, and Then doing an activity we both may enjoy: walk through a botanical garden, museum, live music venue, dancing, etc. After that first date, there are so many cool and creative ideas outside and inside. Whatever makes sense to her and myself! As long as we are enjoying each other's presence and having a good time, the possibilities are endless. 

• January 12, 2019 7:50 PM GMT
    Depending in how I'm feeling "perfect" could easily be snuggling at home in PJs watching movies, to a night at a club with close friends. It also depends on the other person as well.
    • 2 posts
    November 13, 2019 1:48 PM GMT
    What Ashley G says

I am a bit of an old fashioned one when it comes to this. I would cook her a nice meal during a Sunday or Saturday afternoon, with a bottle of wine for her (I like my coffee) and after the meal, sit down to a conversation with her while the background music plays.