Forums » Dating

The perfect date. What would yours be and why?

• January 1, 2013 8:05 PM GMT
    The perfect date for me would be for someone to meet me near where I live, maybe Belgravia or Mayfair, we can make our way to Westfields and just spend a day shopping, window shopping and being silly in the mall :) Then, maybe back to cook a meal, something fun like fajita's, then cosy up to watch a movie :)
    If I was taking a girl on what I'd hope to be a perfect date, I would whisk her to Paris for the day :) or weekend if I was lucky if she had time. A little shopping, relaxing, walking around and all :) Spend time in the apartment and just really talk and get to know each other :)
    I don't think either of those will happen soon, but they both sound nice :) x
  • January 1, 2013 8:34 PM GMT
    my perfect date - when I don't care where I am because the company absorbs me and the environment is a faded backdrop for love. x
    • 1 posts
    January 27, 2013 12:47 AM GMT
    Perfect date for me would have to be going out for dinner to a nice resturant then going to watch a movie together or if it's summer having a nice romantic picnic. Im a bit of a romantic!
  • January 27, 2013 9:06 AM GMT
    Hmm the perfect date. Has yet to happen. But when it does. It would depend on the season. If it was winter I would either take someone to a nice dinner, or break out my culinary skills at home. And then go for a nice wintery stroll after word. Talking and getting to know each other. Summer, definitely a home cooked meal as a picnic. Under the stars or at the beach definitely a romantic at heart. I would bring you flowers of the choice, not everyone likes roses..: hah. I believe in that movie kiss where you get so into it, your heel just pops up! That's what I want... Or want to do for someone.
    • 4 posts
    March 13, 2013 8:12 PM GMT
    The perfect date ... Well it was when I gave my girlfriend a surprise.
    We were in my appartment in Paris. It was on 9pm ,and I told my girlfriend come one we have to go right now.
    She did not understantood why.
    We went by subway. My girlfriend has asked me a lot of question but I did not answered her.
    Then 15 minutes later , I told her well we have arrived.
    We were just in front of the Eiffel Tower.
    It was the first time that my girlfriend has seen the Eiffel Tower.
    • 2 posts
    March 17, 2013 5:53 PM GMT

Mine would preferably be in summer when it's warm. I'd go out to a field to have a picnic and a walk so we could just talk. If it was winter then going ice skating and having lunch would be great too

• March 19, 2013 3:54 PM GMT
    A perfect date for me would be riding our bicycles to the beach..my cat would have to come along as the chaperone..to make sure things stay PG 13. Finding the most amazing spot to sit and soak our feet in the water, feel the nice warm sun on our skin and then get up and chase each other and play in the water. Perfect.
    • 6 posts
    March 20, 2013 2:22 AM GMT
    The girl of my dreams with her arms around me on a couch watching a movie eating snack and having a drink. <3
    • 1 posts
    April 1, 2013 8:25 AM BST

Not extravagant. A perfect date would be either on her house or mine. Horror movie marathon with chips and cookies all over. It would be nice to cuddle and tease with her. I think it will be very cute. :)

• 4 posts
    April 6, 2013 6:13 AM BST

In all honesty I haven't thought of the perfect date for myself to go on, but I would love to take a girl on a date where we start out with a hike (I live in a very mountainous area) followed by a simple dinner and end with going to a park or somewhere easy to sit and talk. I enjoy activity so I need  dates that are fun and active!

• April 26, 2013 11:00 PM BST
    My perfect date would probably involve food. And lots of it.
    • 0 posts
    April 30, 2013 2:54 PM BST

My perfect date would include loads of laughter and insightful conversations! I believe it doesn't matter where we are but it would be good to put in some effort for your date throughout the day! :) This would be really nice for a first date I think.

• 9 posts
    May 17, 2013 5:47 PM BST

casual date - would definitely go for coffee date or lunch date

But if I will have to go out with someone I like I will go an extra mile for that person. It would probably be dinner in my place if not I'll bring her to a restaurant with great ambiance like overlooking the city or hillside or beach side and bring us food like a picnic or something. :-)

• 2 posts
    June 15, 2013 10:33 PM BST

My perfict date would be a movie before a private dinner and danceing.

• 1 posts
    June 20, 2013 11:34 AM BST

a perfect date would be having a coffee while waiting for the sun to set.

• 5 posts
    July 10, 2013 4:26 AM BST

perfect date.. Uhhmm... any place is perfect as long as im with the girl that i love the most! :)

• August 11, 2013 1:41 PM BST
    Perfect date wld be when you meet that special someone you will know in yr heart that they are the one!!!
  • August 11, 2013 4:17 PM BST

A walk in the beach... i will prepare a lovely candle lit dinner for us(i will cook for her)... I will give her flowers. 
    I will put petals of roses in the bed.... and after, a warm bath in the bathtub. ;)

• 9 posts
    August 26, 2013 2:43 AM BST

Does anyone know the Ralph McTell song sweet mystery? That may be my dating history

• September 1, 2013 6:32 PM BST

i can clearly remember the most disastrous date i've ever had... never mind the details but what i love dating is that you honor the presence of two souls agreed in one mind... that you'll gonna be happy. there is no perfect, but love always deals with us in simplicity as many have said love has many languages...

date or dating for me becomes perfect when both of you decided to make each other's happy in simple things... like when you're spending time with them and you make your partner feel that she owns that moment that no one can take away.

• 7 posts
    September 18, 2013 11:22 PM BST

Maybe cinema and dinner? Nothing fancy, maybe just something cheap and cheerful.

or just a nice bottle of wine to share and film at her place, cuddles on the sofa under a nice blanket :)

• 16 posts
    December 24, 2013 4:44 PM GMT
    paigethorpe94 said:

Maybe cinema and dinner? Nothing fancy, maybe just something cheap and cheerful.

or just a nice bottle of wine to share and film at her place, cuddles on the sofa under a nice blanket :)

Sounds yummy to me

• 19 posts
    December 24, 2013 6:27 PM GMT

me too for sure..........yummy

• 0 posts
    January 3, 2014 4:43 AM GMT

havent found the perfect date....

• 6 posts
    January 3, 2014 6:24 AM GMT

Tea shop :) It's cute and you can talk. Then maybe a walk after and some dinner? I don't know, all I'd really want to be doing is making a connection. I don't really care where. I suppose it's nice though, to go somewhere pretty. It's like a perfect backdrop.