Forums » Relationships / Advice

• 1 posts
    February 16, 2015 12:28 AM GMT
    Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me?
    Im 23 years old and i've being going out with my girlfriend since i was 16. Last year she cheated on me, she was open and told me the next day, we tried to make it work but in August, she finished me. I was totally deverstated and was in a bad place. We didn't see or communicate with each other for months, but at Halloween we met at a party and hooked up, since then everytimes shes home from uni we meet up. Whats wrong is i now know she has a girlfriend, but i cant stay away from her, she ignores me for day/week on end and only gets in touch when she feels like it. Ive recently joined the army and im trying to move on from her as i know shes only using me for her advantage, but i just keep running back when she bekons, how do i move on from a girl i once used to want to marry?
    • 51 posts
    May 1, 2015 10:37 PM BST

Sounds like breaking ALL ties is needd - delete her number etc and move on. There's no future other than heartache and dishonesty

• 759 posts
    May 21, 2015 11:01 PM BST

I agree with SnowBunny!!

• 4 posts
    May 23, 2015 8:56 AM BST

Thirded! It sounds really hard since she must have a good grip on your heart, but bite the bullet and delete her. It's better in the long run, even if it sucks in the short-term.

• 6 posts
    May 28, 2015 8:13 PM BST

Unfortunately these situations are not getting easier with age or go away on there own. There is always a risk of having toxic people in your life.

I think that you already know what to do, you just needed confirmation from outside.

As hard as it sounds but cutting all ties is really the only way out of there.

Plus, remember how it felt when she told you she was cheating on you. You are this other woman now and you help her to cause the same pain on someone else with your help.

I recommend the high road. On a long run you are better off with getting rid of her.

Sorry to not give you a more positive answer and I keep my fingers crossed and hope you get out of this situation as quickly as positive.

• June 21, 2015 5:03 PM BST

just be yourself. do the right thing! 

• 21 posts
    June 22, 2015 8:57 AM BST

Get as far away as possible. Sounds like you've meet my ex and trust me. Ain't worth it in the end. You'll only end up feeling guilty and that's not cool.

• 11 posts
    October 2, 2015 3:11 AM BST

RUN FORESTTT RUNNNNNN!!!!!!

• 4 posts
    February 13, 2016 2:50 PM GMT
    I know first hand what it is like to not want to move on. You had an ongoing relationship for many years that is not an easy thing to let go. But the one thing to remember is she has let go. She went out searching for someone else. Try meeting other people,keep yourself busy, the sooner you become confident in yourself the sooner other people will be attracted to you. Very quickly you will forget about her. Then, she will not be your only choice.
    Love is a difficult thing. Once you are hooked its very difficult to unlatch yourself. You are loveable you are special you will be loved again. You just have to allow it to happen again by letting go of the old and letting the new in.
    Good luck
    Look in the mirror and tell yourself everday,you are lovable and you will find what you need when you need it.
    • 43 posts
    May 24, 2016 12:09 AM BST
    Oh sweets, I really feel for you. I loved someone for18yrs and I still dream of her and pain now. It's hard to let go but I totally agree with snowbunny.Dont be a doormat, respect yourself, heal, and you deserve way better.
  • July 19, 2016 8:08 AM BST
    You have to realize your own self worth. You know it's wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be questioning it.