Forums » Films / TV

Wentworth

• 34 posts
    September 11, 2014 6:16 PM BST

I'm a MASSIVE fan of the show and am glad Season 2 is out.

Who else likes the show?

Favourite characters?

• 1000 posts
    September 12, 2014 12:54 PM BST

I LOVE the show!

Am hoping to watch the first bit of season 2 this weekend :)

• 1000 posts
    September 12, 2014 12:57 PM BST

• 1000 posts
    September 12, 2014 12:57 PM BST

• 1000 posts
    September 12, 2014 12:58 PM BST

• 1000 posts
    September 19, 2014 8:49 AM BST

Who is your fav character?

• 82 posts
    September 19, 2014 12:55 PM BST

Bea is my fav character :)

• 82 posts
    October 2, 2014 6:06 PM BST

Whose your favourite Wentworth Prison character?

• 6 posts
    November 5, 2014 9:28 AM GMT

The complexity of the governor's character is really showing now (series 2 episode 9) wow!

• 82 posts
    April 8, 2015 3:38 PM BST

Who has seen episode 1 of Season 3 yet?

• March 16, 2016 10:02 PM GMT
    Loved season 3, was gripped. Also crushing on Bridget the psychologist this season, those eyes
    • 53 posts
    March 25, 2016 10:02 PM GMT

Such a great show, on some level even better than OITNB, but okay, they are different, Wentworth is way more serious.

Almost like a female version of Oz, except with a little less violence. 

Anyway, can't wait for the season 4! :)

This post was edited by Divergent16 at March 25, 2016 10:02 PM GMT
    • 21 posts
    March 26, 2016 5:16 AM GMT

[blockquote]Divergent16 said:

Such a great show, on some level even better than OITNB, but okay, they are different, Wentworth is way more serious.

Almost like a female version of Oz, except with a little less violence. 

Anyway, can't wait for the season 4! :)

[/blockquote]

Nononoo - cannot compare. Character complexity and development is entirely different with OITNB. That cast is so rich! I find some Wentworth characters (main ones, even) overly two-dimensional, while OITNB has given you backstory upon backstory for so many of their ladies, even Norma... Norma doesn't even talk! I don't necessarily like where they've taken some characters and I do find some plotlines weak/silly (especially season 3 and most of Piper), but hey, can't have it all. I also think you underestimate OITNB's seriousness. They've dug in on multiple social issues. I could say it's definitely less dramatic than Wentworth, if that's the kind of serious you're thinking. OITNB definitely doesn't have as dark and gritty of a dig on the drama. Grit, maybe, but dark - yeah no.

I do like Wentworth though too. All I really needed was Frankie's development.... but.... what now?

• 53 posts
    March 26, 2016 9:04 AM GMT

[blockquote]dotdash said:

I could say it's definitely less dramatic than Wentworth, if that's the kind of serious you're thinking. OITNB definitely doesn't have as dark and gritty of a dig on the drama. Grit, maybe, but dark - yeah no.

I do like Wentworth though too. All I really needed was Frankie's development.... but.... what now?

[/blockquote]

I like them both and I agree that I can't really compare these two shows, except that they are both about prison (and why the hell are the quotes here in black??), althought I have to say that I think that the last season of OITNB was not as good as the previous two and that the relationship between Piper and Alex never really sat well with me, mostly because for me Laura Prepon's acting was not really believable in that department.

I know that you probably won't agree, but hey, that's just my two cents. ;)

And yeah, I'm not really sure where they'll go with season 4 in Wentworth, I'm guessing Frankie will do something to end up back in prison and then who knows.. they can easily ruin the show if they decide to go for who knows how many more seasons.

But I still can't wait for the season 4, what can i say.. I really like the show. :)

• 21 posts
    March 26, 2016 9:31 PM GMT

[/blockquote]

I like them both and I agree that I can't really compare these two shows, except that they are both about prison (and why the hell are the quotes here in black??), althought I have to say that I think that the last season of OITNB was not as good as the previous two and that the relationship between Piper and Alex never really sat well with me, mostly because for me Laura Prepon's acting was not really believable in that department.

I know that you probably won't agree, but hey, that's just my two cents. ;)

And yeah, I'm not really sure where they'll go with season 4 in Wentworth, I'm guessing Frankie will do something to end up back in prison and then who knows.. they can easily ruin the show if they decide to go for who knows how many more seasons.

But I still can't wait for the season 4, what can i say.. I really like the show. :)

[/blockquote]

Wrong wrong wronggggg about OITNB because I completely agree. The first season I liked them because they were forbidden and didn't have to exist on screen together beyond steamy sex, I guess? Give me more German Pousse and I'll be happy, though. They ruined Pousse for me this season and CrazyEyes, but anyhow.... Wentworth Topic not OITNB.

So - I'd actually be really sad to see Frankie back in prison. Frankie grew! Don't make her go backwards!

• March 27, 2016 7:48 PM BST

I have a feeling Erica might try to win over Franky on the outside, ruining her and Bridget's relationship. Would like to see Bea step aside for other characters. Really worried about Ferguson though, since I have a soft spot for Pamela Rabe :3

• July 16, 2016 10:33 AM BST
    Ferguson is chillingly evil this season. I love it!! Frankie and Bridget are great together. Bea being Top Dog is a little annoying but I'm sure she'll get taken down and we'll spend the rest of the season cheering her on again for victory.
    • 19 posts
    September 18, 2016 6:59 AM BST
    This show is great!
    • 7 posts
    February 2, 2017 7:50 PM GMT

Danielle Cormack has confirmed that Bea Smith won't be returning to Wentworth.

Disappointing news as Bea was one of favourites from the beginning, and than they have her in a devloping relationship with Allie. Hopefully its a step into seeing more of Ferguson's story and Bea's crew that are still inside.

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/wentworth-star-danielle-cormack-shares-her-thoughts-about-shocking-death-bea-smith-1541839