Forums » General discussion

Would you stay in a sexless relationship?

• 5 posts
    July 2, 2013 12:15 AM BST

Even if your  partner knows how important it is to you...

• 29 posts
    July 26, 2013 8:56 PM BST

if i was in love with the person then yeah i would remain in the relationship

• 55 posts
    November 26, 2013 7:27 PM GMT

I think it would depend why it became sexless. Assuming it wasn't always that way.  If one person has gone off the other  (or it's a mutual deterioration) I don't think the relationship would endure long term.  But if it was, say, an illness that caused it that is a different matter.

• 5 posts
    December 8, 2013 7:51 AM GMT

personally, yes. If you love someone, you have to love them for who they are not for what they can give you. my mentallity is that sex is just a bonus for the relationship but what im really after is love and company from my partner

• 12 posts
    December 10, 2013 1:34 PM GMT
    Of course.. Sex is secondary.. Is more about building that connection between the two and times it doesn't involve sex to become closer with one other
    • 19 posts
    December 17, 2013 1:23 AM GMT

In a relationship.......love is numaro uno of course.......but unfortunately, I am not looking for long term relationship.....been there, done that, saw the movie and read the book.  Sooooooooo I guess in a non committed relationship....what's next........well sweeties, it is the sex......I mean really......we all love it, we all want it and we all need it.   My take anyways......

• 1 posts
    December 22, 2013 9:11 PM GMT
    I think it depends on the people, some people need sex while on the other hand some people are happy with the company and love of their partner and also depending on the circumstances as to why it became a sexless relationship
    • 1 posts
    December 22, 2013 9:20 PM GMT

I'm sorry I couldn't be with someone that has sex with other people but then doesn't want to have sex with me -_- sex is away to get connetted with someone on another level. Like don't get me wrong sex isn't the 1st thing on my mind but it gets to a point where it would start making me feel like my partner isn't attracted to me

• 759 posts
    December 23, 2013 10:48 PM GMT

I have stayed in 2 relationships where the physical side had died - I wouldn't again. That though is after us both working on it - I wouldn't just walk away straight away

• 6 posts
    January 3, 2014 5:49 AM GMT

I think sex is a very important part of a relationship. I believe pretty strongly in "that something" that draws a person to another, a completely natural flow of pieces falling into place, and one of those pieces is amazing sex.

For me it doesn't matter what a person looks like, if that spark isn't there, neither will be a relationship. If we did have a spark, get in a relationship then a couple of years later suddenly stopped having sex, I'd assume the spark has drifted away and it would be hard for me to feel the same feelings.

• 2 posts
    January 3, 2014 9:09 AM GMT
    I stayed in a sexless relationship for 12 years, and even though I've got a very high sex drive, sex became less important to me because I knew how much the whole thing upset her and the fact that I was so very much in love with her. But the sex didn't stop, it never started, we tried but she just couldn't do anything that involved sexual intamcy, we kissed and cuddled and she occasionally would touch me, but after our first failed attempts, and other try's over the years, we just didn't bother. I knew how things were from the start of the relationship, although I always hoped things would change, they never did. Other things broke the relationship down, but once it was over, completely over, I knew that a relationship like that wasn't for me again and had quite a lot I wanted from someone not just sex.
    You can put up with almost any thing if you love a person enough, I know I did, she had lots of hang ups and I was punished for all of them in one way or another.
    This post was edited by Dwooh at January 3, 2014 10:16 AM GMT
  • January 8, 2014 5:39 AM GMT
    Some people can endure,some can't. Some can live without sex,some feel the need to have it in their lives. Important or secondary basis,its actually up to both parties...& perfect timing. Not everyone can be so patience about physical contact.
    • 2 posts
    February 13, 2014 10:05 AM GMT

Sex has never been the focal point in any of my relationships, and I've been in a few sexless ones, and have only cheated twice (mind you they did first, no excuse just a reason) but I'd have to say for me, sexual intimacy is needed in my relationships because I am a very passionate person and love to please my partner, and myself, and it's really hard for me to keep my hands off the woman I"m with, because I was attracted to ALL of her when I met her,

• 19 posts
    February 18, 2014 2:03 AM GMT

I personnally think that being in a sexless relationship previously is the primary reason I am  so liberated in my relationships albeit I now want no part of a longterm relationship.  Casual flings, etc seem to satisfy my personal needs.   I know, I know.... Time for therepy     right??????

• 2 posts
    April 6, 2014 5:55 AM BST
    Though the biggest turn off for me is a sex crazed woman, I myself could not stay in a sexless relationship even with someone i deeply care for. I can wait but eventually the yearning for that deeper connection just becomes too much, i speak from experience. I waited 2years for my first.
    • 5 posts
    April 6, 2014 5:31 PM BST
    If I was in love.....yes I might stay. It depends on how long it goes on. The way I see it if shes not in the mood and I was she should love me enough to take care of that itch. I should love her enough to not want it all the time.
    • 5 posts
    April 6, 2014 5:35 PM BST
    Btw I think sex is important but shouldnt be the most important part of any relationship. If my gf was medically incapable of sex.......i would stay for sure. We should love the person not the pussy
    • 2 posts
    April 6, 2014 5:54 PM BST

Of course I would, being in a relationship means being loyal but also about being supportive. Sex isnt everything although some people take it out of context and do it just for the sake of finding someone attractive. To me sex is about feeling that connection between you and that over person the lust, passion, excitement and love but it shouldnt mean that the relationship should be built on sex. With the right person sex can be amazing. But if the person who I cared about didn't want to have sex with me and we were both in a relationship I could cope until they felt comfortable. 

• 3 posts
    July 28, 2014 5:26 AM BST

I am trying to cope with this situation right now. I love her so much but sex is important to me. I am extremely attracted to her. I think she is so hot and when we do have sex it is awesome!!! I feel like i am not worthy. Having been married to a man for 18 years and never being emotionally or physically fulfilled I want and need it. She says she wants me and thinks I am hot but is a cold fish in bed urgg!  So frustrated 

• 5 posts
    August 6, 2014 6:34 AM BST

no I wouldnt. as much as I would love my significant other: I have my needs. and I believe in meeting halfway. I dont mean to be selfish about my open sexuality , but it would be very very hard to not want to do something after knowing how cake tastes like. thats why right off the Gecho I would inform my significant other about what I need and want, and how I am. So I don't see how sexless would last long in my relationship. Although I must admit that my last two relationships I had to wait a few months before finally yeah. so I GUESS I can wait .

• 4 posts
    September 29, 2014 2:33 PM BST

Yes I could but can understand why people would not.

• 51 posts
    October 7, 2014 11:10 AM BST

Yes I could if everything else was good.

• 2 posts
    October 17, 2014 2:32 AM BST

Depending on the circumstances then to a degree.... yes I could.  For me, and it seems many lesbian women, if the close connection is there and needs are being met in every other way, then sex isn't absolutely everything.  God, this is why I love women.  How many men would have answered the same as the women have here?

• 1 posts
    December 13, 2014 12:03 AM GMT

Being in a relationship and where the both of you are in love with each other, doesn't just boil down to the one thing - sex. Is like then saying because you are a lesbian that is all you are!....see what I'm getting at? Sex is "apart" of the relationship, if you both want it, as some say an added bonus. Is more about being together and building something that is important to you both. If sex is going to rule the roost then best not be in a relationship as a relationship is more than just sex. 

• 1 posts
    December 16, 2014 4:16 PM GMT

sex is just icing on the cake...