Forums » Relationships / Advice

Why do people wink at you?

• May 1, 2013 10:26 PM BST

maybe she was a terrorist....you never know. Or maybe she was a flaming lesbian who wanted to set you on fire..

• May 1, 2013 10:49 PM BST

A cheeky wink always puts a smile on someones face... Maybe that's why she done it... :)

• May 2, 2013 12:12 AM BST

I have a compulsive urge to always wink, its got into a few situations as people think that 'I'm flirting with my eyes'. It's like giving people the nod, as in 'you alright'. I'm probably the only person that does this.

• May 4, 2013 5:56 AM BST

I have no idea but I've had women wink at me a lot.  I will never forget the woman at the mall outside of town.... she was totally wink flirting with me.. lol

• May 5, 2013 7:43 AM BST

I wonder the same thing. I understand if it's done during a joke, a lie, or from that creep across the bar room who's been watching; but when it's done so randomly (such as from a cashier or just someone walking past me, etc.)- that is what confuses me!

• December 10, 2013 5:25 AM GMT
    I think its people winking at u doesnt mean theyre flirting but depends on their gestures when they wink, i mean ive had women also wink at me... but it confuses me coz no men wink at me! Lol, is my sexual orientation that obvious..oh well.. one time, during prayer time, i did not close my eyes and just wander everywhere.. then my eyes focus on this girl bcoz she suddenly wink at me and just stared at me for the whole time... then there's one girl who is checking herself on the mirror, it happens that i passed by that she winks at me while biting her lips... then it struck me, i looked at her once again with my brows scrunched trying to decipher what happen then she winked at me a lot, her lips trying to equal what her eyes did~~~i can say that the second girl is totally flirting! *Lol... this is really long though... so what dya think?
    • 73 posts
    December 19, 2013 4:04 PM GMT

c'mon ladies.......obviously a wink is a sign of mischieviousness or an "open invitation" in the circumstances where it can't be anything else. (for example:   when doing a prank a wink is a sign of mischief whereas a wink across a table or bar stool at a ladies lounge has no doubt of intent.

• March 28, 2016 9:09 PM BST
    Not all winks are flirty, I sometimes wink at bar staff who have handed me my change. I say cheers and wink, it's a sign of thanks. But now I'm a touch paranoid that people think I've been flirting lol.
    • 1 posts
    January 22, 2019 10:24 AM GMT

Flirting is worst action near me and I never spend even a second with those who flirts with inncent humans. There shouldn't be such activities like best resume services online this flirting because it hearts many humans whose heart breaks after getting deceived from others.