Forums » General discussion

The Ex-Girlfriend...

• February 6, 2013 7:39 AM GMT

My ex and I have been broken up for a few months now. But even after the break-up, we were still continueing on as if we were still together. Going out, making love, telling eachother we loved them. We broke up because she was very jealous and lituerally thought every friend that I had, that I wanted to have sex with them.

She says I was not a good girlfriend. I think I was. Buying her things to make her happy, missing work because she needed a place to sleep, losing my job cause of her having me miss; my family hates her, and they hate what I've become because of her.

But I think she was just so insecure with herself that she couldn't handle me and me being myself. She has called me every name in the book. The most hurtful, terrible, things you can't go back on names. She has anger issues also and told me I would someday get her so upset that she would physically hurt me.

I loved her, so I forgave her every time. Now I decided to cut ties but its so hard. I deeply care about this girl but my own self can't find peace in still being in contact with her. We still talk every now and then just to say hey and to hope that all is well.

I even started talking to someone new. She is awesome. Different from my ex. I can feel myself, still tainted and bruised from my last relationship. It ashames me. I won't let this girl in due to fear of getting hurt again.

Last night my ex called me and asked me to stay at her house for a few days because she knew my vacation period for work is coming. I felt happiness inside. Joy and confusion, fear and sadness all at once. I really want to spend these days with her but I'm afraid I'm going to get sucked back into the "old me."

Man, what do I do.

• 0 posts
    February 6, 2013 10:09 PM GMT
    it sounds like you already know what you need to do for yourself, but aren't commited to talking care of yourself for some reason. also if she actually told you she will one day physically hurt you she will. why risk that?
  • February 9, 2013 7:54 AM GMT
    I understand what you feel.. we both have quite the same situation.. I tried to follow my heart even if all of my friends tells me Im a jerk .. I tried to fix it after we broke up, but she got hook by another girl, so I don't have a choice but to go with "Me as the 3rd party" I didn't want to stop responding with her messages and invitations, but a year of doing that without commitment, makes me feel terrible for myself.. I got fed up of what she's doing, and i realized that it's too much..
    sometimes, EXs just want to have what they can't have when we're not around.. maybe you satisfy her with all she wants not only with material things but also sex, u know..
  • March 9, 2013 2:08 AM GMT
    Letting go is always hard. I went through the same cycle for almost a year and one day i woke up and knew that i had enough. You can't just stop caring or loving the other person just like switching it off but when you realize what you deserve.. You'll have the courage to move on. We all deserve better.. Don't settle for anything less than you deserve.. I wish you well and please.. Take care of yourself and do what you think is best for you.. You're strong.. You just gotta believe in that.. :)
  • March 9, 2013 9:26 AM GMT
    thanks Jaye. That was some good advice. Ill remember that (: no girl is worth the sadness and the feeling of unworthiness!!
    • 2 posts
    March 9, 2013 6:58 PM GMT
    I have experienced a similar relationship in the past so I feel for you. However you can't let it take over your life hon. Tell this new lady about it and just take small slow steps to improve your self esteem with her help. If she is really worth it she will understand and help. Good luck..X
    • 12 posts
    September 14, 2022 1:32 PM BST

Forget your ex...